Sunday, September 9, 2012

Uncle Mat & Aunt' Mallory's Beach Wedding!

Holy cow! Where did August go!? Did I REALLY leave you guys staring at my dentist post for more than a month!? Outrageous! Sorry about that folks! It was a busy August (as you'll see in my next few posts) and really, after taking a little break, it simply turned into a long one....

But enough of that! Let's get to it!!

The beginning of August saw a very important event in our family....my Uncle Mat married my Aunt Mallory!

They asked Mom, Dad, and me to be in the wedding...I had the Very Important Job of being the ring bearer, which means that I walked with Mom and Dad (who were a bridesmaid and groomsman, respectively) down the aisle with a pillow that had Uncle Mat and Aunt Mallory's rings on it to give to JustRichy (who was the best man)

There were some snags in the days leading up to it, however...my intense dislike of buttons was brought out ten fold. When Dad took me to get fitted, it was stressful enough....as you can see, I wasn't very happy with wearing the shirt with so many buttons on it...

I tried to rally, but I simply don't like them...I've tried to articulate why, but I have no concrete answer, really...I just don't.

When the day finally came to get the tux, I must admit I was pretty overwhelmed and upset about it...

NEVER FEAR! Uncle Mat and Aunt Mallory, in their awesomeness, had picked me up a spare shirt...it was a shirt that LOOKED like a tux shirt! Personally, I thought it was way more adorable than the tuxedo itself, and I compromised by wearing the tuxedo pants (Though I believe that at the end of the day, those were slipped on my all discrete-like) So, even though it was hot, and I was tired, I walked in for the wedding like a champ with my fancy duds on...

Mom and Dad looked pretty decent, too...


I am told that the ceremony was lovely, and that beautiful words were spoken...there were tears of joy shed, laughter had, and some great vows written and recited by Uncle Mat and Aunt Mallory...

But how is a kid expected to pay attention to THAT when there is an entire BEACH to play on!? The Justice of the Peace told everyone that anything I did was the right thing, so I took that to heart...dropping down and playing the the sand like a champ! I was quiet, but managed to have a lot of fun during the ceremony....
This was our view of the lovely people in our family that joined us for the wedding...it was actually quite beautiful.

Even though it turned out to be a lovely day, I must admit that my little thermostat isn't quite calibrated just yet, and I WAS pretty hot out there...but I did my best, and luckily I had Gramma Debbie available to get water to me whenever I was really thirsty, and take care of my needs so Mom and Dad could focus on the wedding...Everything seemed to work out just right where I came in when I needed to, paid attention and stayed quiet when I had to, and walked out with Mom and Dad. Everyone said I did a great job!
Here's one last shot of me on the beach next to Gramma Mindy who was waiting to do her reading at the end of the wedding. She did a great job, too. :-)

Next up was the easy part: The Wedding Reception! A big party that came afterwards!

I met up with my cousin Timothy and we swapped stories about the wedding, and generally took time to catch up. It had a been awhile since I had seen him...he's a great listener! I like him a lot!
Soon enough, Uncle Mat and Aunt Mallory arrived and everyone was very excited to see them! They were pretty excited, too!

I had a lot of time to play with the kids that were there...Timothy and I played a lot, but I also got to see my cousin Nicholas and Uncle Steve....next to me is another cousin, Hank...this is actually probably the most clothes I saw him in during the entire day...that kid loves to be naked even more than me!

The party was great! They even had a couple trucks that showed up that they gave us pizza from! That's right! They made the pizza fresh on the table in front of you, and then baked them in ovens that were DIRECTLY in the truck! How CRAZY is that!? It was pretty tasty stuff...



Uncle Mat and Aunt Mallory had a very pretty cake (You can get an idea about how hot it was by the melting Mickeys on the side) and I even got to snag a piece before I went home...there was a lot of dancing and partying, but I must admit, I got worn out pretty quickly...a few brief tantrums were had, because I was wiped out, and Gramma Debbie was kind enough to take me home and put me to bed while Mom and Dad finished the party....it was such a great time! I really appreciated being involved, and that Uncle Mat and Aunt Mallory took the time to put me at ease in regards to my whole button deal.

Seriously....I'll like them when I get older.



CONGRATULATIONS, 
UNCLE MAT AND AUNT MALLORY!!

2 comments:

Gramma Mindy said...

Glad you're back, Sam!

The P-G Kids said...

Me too! I know I keep disappearing, but I like to think that the reappearances are worth the wait!