Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Connecticut Visit for Godmother Amber's Baby Shower 2013!

You can kind of tell that this is a late post since Mom has already  been to Connecticut to visit the baby that this event was thrown for...man, I get so behind sometimes...but anyhoo, that doesn't make it any less fun, right? I am mildly embarrassed that this so late, but then again, I am fairly shameless....so that makes it OK.

The event was a lot of fun! The party was thankfully very monkey friendly, so Monkey got to tag along with me. We had a blast hanging out with everyone!
My godmother seemed to have a great time as well! She got to wear a little crown, and had lots of great food and fun times with her friends and family.
And there were OBVIOUSLY lots of really pretty presents!
I got to spend a lot of time with Mom's side of the family. Gramma Mindy, JustRichy, and Aunt Mallory were in attendance. They enjoyed the time at the party, too!
One of the things Mallory enjoyed doing was taking fun pictures of Monkey and and showing them to me...luckily, one of my favorite past times was having pictures taken of me and then shared with me.
After the party, I brought out the superheroes that I had brought specifically for Aunt Mallory and I to play with. I knew even before I went up there that the Incredible Hulk was all Mallory's (She does an awesome "Hulk Smash") and I was going to be Batman (I do an awesome emotionless gravelly voice that lends itself well to parody)
While Mallory and I were playing, JustRichy worked on building a new castle that Gramma Mindy had gotten me. It had lots of pieces, and easily the worst set of instructions on the face of the Earth. Seriously, it's like someone who didn't know how to put the castle together wrote out the instructions, and then gave it to someone and said "Hey...this makes too much sense. Can you photocopy it on an old 1992 Konica Black and White copier that is at the end of its useful life? YEAH...that looks PERFECT! THAT is what we're putting in the box...."
So good on Richie, he got it mostly put together, and I got to travel back in time with my knight figures (Which, even when the castle isn't assembled, are pretty awesome toys on their own)
There was a drawbridge so I could keep out the bad guys....
And there were lots of turrets for me to post guards at....it was a really cool toy.
Luckily, Mom had time to get over to Gramma Debbie's house during this trip, and I got to spend some time playing with her and Nicholas...to drive home how long ago this visit was, Nicholas moved into his own house (with his Mom and Dad, of course) already, and doesn't even live there anymore.
Oh...and Nicholas has a lightsaber. An ACTUAL lightsaber, people!

**Disclaimer. This lightsaber is only a toy, and cannot actually be used a laser sword.

No comments: