Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Fall 2013 Trip to Lyman Orchards!

Fall is in the air!

A couple weeks ago, Mom and I met up with Gramma Mindy, Uncle Mat, and Aunt Mallory at Lyman Orchards in Connecticut, to apple and pumpkin picking!

We got to go right up to the trees, and just pluck the apples off of them! We put them in our bags, and got to take them home! It's not like getting them in a store! This is as fresh as they come!
They looked so good there on the tree, that it was hard to not grab them all! It was like a story book! Very cool!
We all had a really great time, and got to take a bag of apples each!
There was a lot of walking around, but I was up to the task! Knowing that there was fresh apples at the end of our long walk made it a lot easier!
I even managed to find a bit of time to be silly. We all know how important being silly is during apple picking...
I don't think they'll let me use my head as an official scale to see how much we have to pay, but I at least had to TRY.
We went out to look at pumpkins, too. There were lots of choices, and Aunt Mallory did a great job helping me find the best one!
This one I ended up with was both the perfect size to carry around, and also the perfect size to carve a jack-o-lantern face!
I was pretty proud of the decision I made, and couldn't wait to get home and show my Dad!
Speaking of Dad, I also found a really great pumpkin for him, but since he really likes going to pumpkin patches, too...I left this one here, and figured we'd wait until we went to get one for him when we got back home to Maryland. I made sure to take a pic though, to let him know I was thinking about him!
What better way to end things in the Fall after visiting an orchard than to get some AMAZING doghnuts and cider at the farm stand. We managed to bring home one of the doughnuts to Dad, but JUST BARELY....they were DELICIOUS!

No comments: