Monday, May 11, 2009

Four Months: The Latest Doctor Visit

Well, we just went through my four month checkup at the doctor, and she said that I am doing very well...she said that I seem to developing correctly, and doing everything that I'm supposed to be doing. Mom was doing some volunteer work that morning, so Dad took me in solo (Don't worry...Mom wrote down all the questions Dad that had to ask)

The doctor (Who is awesome, by the way...she is a lot of fun, and always puts me at ease) told my Dad that I now weigh 14 pounds 1 ounce (I'm a big boy) and am 25 inches long (I am gonna tower over my parents) I am on my way to eating my first solid food, and am THIS close to rolling over for the first time. My parents assume that I will do it at daycare, and they will miss it entirely.

I am enthralled by the windchimes that they have scattered throughout the doctor's office...whenever they make their hypnotic tinkling sound, I am transfixed by them, and love watching them as they slowly quiet down. They sound a little different each time, so I am pretty much guaranteed to always get distracted by them...

Which is why they always tinkle them a little JUST before they give me a shot...which they did during this visit. I'm not a fan in the slightest. I am told that I will be receiving these shots periodically throughout my life. Really? I mean it's 2009...is there no easier and less painful way to do this? Yeah, the needles have gotten smaller over the decades, but it's still the same deal. Needle into legs=ouchie, no matter how big it is. Unacceptable. Let's get with it, science. Enough already with going to the moon...been there, done that. The only way I want you going back to the moon, is if you come back with a way to give me my necessary vaccinations without sticking me with an archaic device that should have been banned decades ago...

And no...oral vaccines don't help, since I would just drool it out anyway.

Here is a shot of me after my shot. Dad is mean.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gramma Mindy never met a baby so good at expressing emotion.

The P-G Kids said...

You just wait.