Saturday, June 4, 2011

Playgrounds!!!

One of my favorite things to do is visit the playground with Mom or Dad (or on a rare occasion, both of them at once!) We are very fortunate to have several playgrounds within walking (or biking) distance, so it never gets stale week to week!

Dad always makes sure to get me to a playground at least one day out of his weekend on Thursday or Friday, and Mom does the same on her weekend on Saturday or Sunday. Weather permitting, I am usually at one or more playgrounds several times a week!


There is one that is really close to our place that we go to a lot for convenience, but it's also a lot of fun! There are little cars to pretend to drive, slides, swings, and lots of dogs walk by with their owners, so I even get to see dogs sometimes!


There is one a little further out near a supermarket that we go to a lot, and at the end of last year, they gutted the whole thing and rebuilt it into a super awesome new playground!



There are different sections geared towards different age groups...and so I get to play on a whole range of things that pique my interest. Sometimes I even push it a little, and go on stuff that's a little "big" for me, but Mom or Dad is always there making sure I don't fall.


Also, during one of the days that Dad and I had to bring our car in to get fixed, we stopped at a playground that was on the way home. It was so much fun, but a bit far away for our tastes, so we didn't go to it very often.


However, during one of our many bike rides, Dad and I rediscovered it because it's located on one of the bike trails that Dad and I like to ride on.


We stop the bike, and take a break for me to play on the slides, go on the seesaw, have lunch, etc...sometimes, I can even convince Dad to go down the slide with me (But strangely, he has no pictures of that....weird, right?)

---


---

There is so much to do, and I love stopping there (I call it "The Blue Slide" playground, for obvious reasons)....the last time we went a few days ago, there was a birthday party going on (Dad had to explain to me why we couldn't partake in their cupcakes with them) so there was a lot of kids running around for me to play with, too.

Hopefully it'll be kind of a mild summer, so we can continue getting outside a few times a week, in addition to all the outside time I get to have at daycare! (Buggy rides!!!)

No comments: