Saturday, October 29, 2011

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!

This year, I got to watch my first Halloween Cartoon Special...it was called It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown! (They added the exclamation point, not me...though I must say, after having watched it, I would added one myself, had they not gone and done it for me already.

It was a very good cartoon....On Halloween night, the gang, including Charlie Brown's younger sister Sally, goes trick-or-treating. On the way, they stop at the pumpkin patch to ridicule Linus' missing the festivities, just as he did last year; but Linus is convinced that the Great Pumpkin, recognizing the sincerity of his patch, will come, and even persuades Sally to stay and wait with him. The gang goes off, leaving Linus and Sally behind. During trick-or-treating, everyone gets assorted candy, apples, gum, cookies, money, and popcorn balls except for Charlie Brown, who gets a rock from every house they visit.

I kept trying to figure out what the deal was with Snoopy. There is a whole random offshoot plot of him as a World War flying ace (which was actually a little scary at first...it's got a lot of shooting in it....but Mom and Dad watched it with me, so I was OK)

It was a lot of fun, and I have watched it a couple more times, since...I look very forward to making this a yearly tradition. For some reason, Mom and Dad have the movie on a storage media called "VHS Cassette" I kept asking them where the CD for the movie was, but they just laughed at me...

I was even dressed in my It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown! shirt to mark the event...Halloween has been a lot of fun this year so far...


2 comments:

Gramma Mindy said...

I was great to see this post. I almost didn't check to see if there was a new one. I know Daddy helps a lot with the posting, and he's so busy writing his novel.

The P-G Kids said...

That starts Tuesday, actually...he is prepping now. Apparently he and Mommy have both been busy with this new car business instead. But I couldn't let all the Halloween stuff slip by unnoticed. (The fact that it's Daddy's favorite holiday helps make sure it gets posted in a timely fashion)