Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Easter 2013 in Maryland!

From one holiday.....we jump right into another! (Of course, this one is a bit more timely) Happy belated Easter, everyone!! You can see our nice little haul in the pic above. We will officially be eating candy for the rest of the summer...We decided to stay in Maryland and not travel this year, which resulted in a quieter, more laid back Easter. We missed everyone, but it was a nice change of pace to not have to be battling traffic.
In addition to the lovely little treats that were left for us in our Easter baskets, Mom and Dad also hid some Easter eggs around the apartment, so we could have a good old fashioned Easter Egg Hunt! Here I was trying to figure out exactly how many I was going to be searching for, based on the one or two I had already found...
The only thing more exciting than finding the eggs...was discovering that the eggs contained more treats inside!! So yummy! I found a lot of the eggs on my own...
Like this one that our little stuffed monkey was holding onto for me...
But some of them required a bit more thought to find them...
I began getting some hints from Mom and Dad, since some of them were a bit more difficult to find than others...
I began tracking them down (Some of them were awesome eggs that Aunt Mallory had bought for me last Easter...thanks!) and one by one popping them open to see what was inside!
Slowly but surely I found them...hidden on bookshelves, inside Laura's cat tunnels, under pillows, behind chairs...it was a lot of fun looking for them!
Success! All the eggs were found...all the candy counted...it was a good morning for a hunt!
Then came a large box that Gramma Mindy had sent along to me.
Inside this delightfully decorated basket was more candy (of course) including lots of jelly beans which I love...a new video game for my leapster, and some other fun stuff!
It was very overwhelming...
As you can see, I was pretty pleased with the spoils of this little gift...
...and tried to figure out just how much of it I could fit into my mouth at one time. Turns out it was quite a few!
Last up, Mom, Dad and I colored some Easter eggs! Dad hard boiled them the day before, so they were good and ready for us. (Mom and Dad were emphatic about which eggs I could take from the carton to put into the dyes...turns out, non-hard-boiled eggs are not very resilient when dropped into glass bowls...
We did a whole bunch of colors, and got to color about a half dozen eggs.
Mom is really good as helping me get some nice even colors on the eggs.
And here is what we ended up with: half dozen eggs of various colors, all ready to be displayed and/or eaten!
Someone was feeling a little bit silly after all the chocolate he had eaten...here's a hint...it wasn't Mom.

No comments: