Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I am not alone...


I just wanted to start this post off by apologizing for my irrational hatred towards the American film and TV actor, Michael Rappaport...over the months outside the womb, I feel that I have grown and matured to the point where I can take a second, more objective look at this man's body of work...

I feel that my judgment had been clouded by my father's opinion towards this man, and that I was finally able to form my own ideas about this gifted talent to American cinema and TV. In watching his immense, varied body of work, I have found that this quintessential New Yorker has brought his unique brand of brash, intelligent acting to some of the most iconic roles in recent memory. 

He has made me laugh, cry, and has allowed me to rethink my priorities in life in a way that no other actors have before. The reaction of his peers and critics to his nuanced performance only serves to underscore his subtle, chameleon-like skill to disappear into his roles....and for that sir, I commend you and say....


APRIL FOOL'S DAY!!!!

Ha ha! I laugh at you, and rub my hands together in a diabolical fashion!!! C'mon....I got you...didn't I? (Unless you saw the huge cyan-colored "April Fool's Day" as soon as you opened the blog...in which case, well...there's now much I can do about that, now IS there?)

Now...back to our regularly scheduled skepticism that Michael Rappaport keeps getting jobs because it's part of the world's biggest practical joke...The following is a quote from a review of the film "Beautiful Girls" by an Illinois newspaper called "The Daily Egyptian" The review is part of an ongoing series where they revisit old films or albums that are at least 10 years old, and deserving of a second look...they say this about Michael Rappaport:
 
"Matt Dillon heads up the group of friends playing his usual gruff voiced, tough guy self. Michael Rappaport also has a great turn by not being the essence of annoying as per usual for his roles. The supporting cast is rounded out by Uma Thurman and Rosie O’Donnell, who chews up scenes as the town’s resident feminist."

Hm...looks like there are others who share my disdain for this sorry excuse for an actor. He makes Ed Burns look like Oliver for God's sake!

No comments: