Saturday, June 12, 2010

A Quickie...


So, in an effort to procrastinate on catching up a bit more, I am posting about my whirlwind weekend in Connecticut...

And by whirlwind, I mean, like seriously...less than 24 hours.

Mom had another business trip to go on in New York City, and Gramma Mindy was kind enough to watch me for the evening while Mom and Dad went to see a Broadway Show!

After a drive that was lovely until we reached the border of Connecticut (where traffic was brutal), Mom and Dad met Gramma Mindy at the train station....she was nice enough to come down to Bridgeport, and even though I felt a bit betrayed (with the crying that comes with that feeling of betrayal) Gramma Mindy put me at ease by mentioning that I could play the piano when I got to her place.

Sweet.

So, while I got to see JustRichy, Uncle Mat, and Gramma Mindy, my folks headed into the big city to see the play Jersey Boys...they enjoyed the show a lot, and then ate a late dinner at this great little French place...

On my folks' end, Friday saw Mom actually going to work, while Dad headed back to Connecticut to pick me up. On my end, it saw me going to the beach with Gramma Mindy for a little while (and still avoiding actually getting into the swing on the playground, while happily just pushing the swing...) and awaiting my trip home.

Dad came to pick me up, and whisked me away, while Mom finished her meetings, walked around New York for awhile, and waited for us.

After a really cool drive into NYC with LOTS of trucks and buses to look at...(those are my new favorite words..."truck" and "bus" punctuated with a loud "wow" for emphasis) we picked up Mom, and she hooked me up with a sweet pair of sunglasses that she bought from the awesome Times Square Toys 'R Us...I was tired, and traffic getting out of the city was brutal, but once we hit the open road, I got a bit of sleep, and we cruised into Bethesda late, but excited to be home.

While there weren't any pictures from the trip (It all happened so fast, and the photographer that typically embeds with me was off seeing some play somewhere) I did have a quick one at a rest stop when Mom presented me with my sunglasses for the first time. She was also showing off her smashing new haircut...

And yeah...I somehow pull off being adorable, and cool...did you think I wouldn't?

2 comments:

Gramma Mindy said...

Next time Gramma Mindy promises to take pictures.

The P-G Kids said...

No worries! I'd much rather you just enjoyed your time with me, than have to worry about taking pictures...you take them when you can...no big deal. Besides, if I have no pictures, it gives me an excuse to post adorable pictures like the one above. :-)