Monday, December 13, 2010

TODDLER_TOUR_2010_LEG_11_THANKSGIVING_2

In between the several days at Gramma Debbie's, I got to spend a VERY full couple days at Gramma Mindy's! We got together and had even MORE food! (I have apparently been clued into the fact that basically, from Halloween to New Year's we're supposed to gorge ourselves...and that's fine with me, except I seem to be on some kind of self-imposed hunger strike. I'm not even sure what cause I am striking against, but all I know is that I am kind of uninterested in eating these days.)

A lot of the family was there, which was nice. We got to see Mom's Aunts and Uncles (I guess that makes them great Aunts) In addition to yet another new cousin, Hank. So many babies! I also saw some more of my cousins that were a bit older, but that's OK...I like you older folks, too. :-)

In addition to that, my cousin/Godmother Amber was there with her boyfriend Jon, which was a lot of fun. It had been some time since I'd seen her, and it was nice to get some time with them...

I got to spend some requisite time with JustRichy practicing my piano skills...

When things got a little boring with the grown-ups doing all their grown-up talk, Gramma Mindy was kind enough to give me a spoon and bowl to walk around practicing my other favorite musical skill...the drum...


My Uncle Mat and JustRichy decided that they would take me to the beach and climb around on the playground that's over there...

My God, that sand gets everywhere. It's a lot of fun, but I mean c'mon...it's all over the place!



I had a lot of fun walking down to the beach with JustRichy and Uncle Mat, and even more fun once we got there and got to run around...there was a lot to do at the playground...I got to do a bit of driving, which is tough at night without headlights...who built this car, anyway?


There were also some tunnels that I got to crawl through that led to even MORE fun stuff like the slide!!

When we got back home, it was nice to warm up, and talk about all the fun adventures we had together! I like hanging out with JustRichy and Uncle Mat....oh, and have I mentioned that they are both currently bald? I know you saw that in all my pictures, but I just thought it worth a mention...

In addition to all of the Thanksgiving merriment, we got a jump-start on Christmas by going out to find a Christmas tree for Gramma Mindy's place. Much like my visit to the pumpkin patch, we got to go out to the farm, walk around, and pick the perfect tree.

After they bundled me up, we got to walk around and take in the lay of the land...

There were SO many trees to choose from...we had to look at a number of factors: Size, type of tree, shape, thickness of needles...it was quite a process, I must say...

Taking into account all of these factors, I think that we did a pretty good job narrowing it down to the final few that we would pick from...

Ultimately, I think we got the best of the bunch. It really did encompass all of the things we had been looking for, and it just felt like the right one. I mean, when you get that gut feeling, and that feeling actually agrees with all of the logical things that you're thinking of, you simply must get that treet, am I right?

So, they tied it to the roof of our car, and we got to take it back to Gramma Mindy's to be decorated later on...once again, we had a lot of fun, and I got to spend a ton of time outdoors on a tree farm, which was great. The fresh air and open spaces did me good, I must say.

Again, it was a long weekend, but filled with so many visits with great people, and so many fun things to do...I'm sure that one of these days I will appreciate the food aspect that comes along with this holiday, but not this year...I hope you all had a happy and safe Thanksgiving, too. If it was half as happy as mine was, you're in luck. :-)

No comments: