Saturday, December 11, 2010

TODDLER_TOUR_2010_LEG_11_THANKSGIVING_1

I...am wiped....out.

This was an intense Thanksgiving this year...Dad stayed behind to work for the first part of the holiday so that he could afford to take time off for my cousin Nicholas' baptism....Mom and I went on ahead and took a looooong drive...we stayed at Gramma Debbie's and started our weekend there...

There was a lot of people to see, and lots to do! I wasn't all that fond of Thanksgiving dinner, but really, these days that's par for the course with me...

I got to hang out with Gramma Debbie and the giant Pooh bear that I am so fond of...

Here, she was helping me get Eeyore's tale back on...it comes off all the time, poor thing...

I also got to see Braelynn, Aunt Amy, Nicholas, my Auntie Steph, and My Uncle Brian, who was fond of giving me high fives, which I can never get enough of. I'm still adjusting to sharing my toys with Braelynn...this is going to be interesting, I'll say that...

My Uncle Steve was there, too which is great, since I often miss him when he gets stuck working...we got to play a lot, and he really seemed to be enjoying himself, as was I. :-)

We also got some nice pictures with my Great-Grandma Case, which was really nice. It's so hard to get all three of us little buggers together, and it was great that we could have this time with her. She's really sweet to us, and enjoys seeing us. And we enjoy seeing her, too! Note my newish, (and patent-pending) "Cheese Face".

After a break to spend part of Thanksgiving with Mom's family (Chronicled in my next entry "Toddler Tour Leg 12") Dad joined us, and we got to spend the day celebrating my cousin Nicholas' baptism. It was a calm affair at the church, since Nick spent most of the time sleeping.

As did I...

Yep, I missed the entire thing because it fell right in the middle of my nap. At some point while I was asleep, JustRichy swapped out with Mom, and she got to see most of the ceremony.

Dad made a wonderful Godfather (Even with his absurd "Godfather Mustache" which he has since shaved, Thank God...) and everything went great.

We all went back to Gramma Debbie's house for a little after baptism party, and MAN was it crowded...I got pretty overwhelmed, and had a bit of a meltdown (Pictures unavailable) so Gramma Debbie thought (smartly) to take me outside to play for awhile...Dad and his friends followed me out and we had a blast playing outside for awhile...


I managed to calm down enough to attempt the party again, and once I went back in, I enjoyed myself a lot more. Some people had left, so it was a bit less crowded, so that helped.

Dad later caught a train back home, and I got to spend another night at Gramma Debbie's before heading out with Mom for the trip back home...such a nice Thanksgiving, and baptism!

No comments: