Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Christmas II: Gramma Mindy's!


On Christmas Eve, Mom's extended family had the tradition of all getting together, so that they could be with their immediate family on Christmas Day. This year was no different, and we all got together at my Great Aunt and Uncle's place....There were lots of people there, and I was having a blast...(After I rocked a little nap in a big boy bed with JustRichy and Uncle Mat hanging out with me)


I got to play with some of my younger cousins, and my cousin Timothy was nice enough to (sort of) share his pirate boat with me. I can't I blame him for being a bit defensive...after all, I am exactly the same way.

Once again, there were a lot of presents, and lots of great food...it was tons of fun, and somehow managed to stay just below my threshold for large groups of people that I can handle.

Then it was time to bid Dad adieu, and as JustRichy headed out to drive him to the train station, I said goodbye and prepared for Christmas Day and my birthday...

After Dad left for home to get to work, we were obviously missing him, but vowed to still enjoy the rest of the break in Connecticut! This was made more difficult by the fact that Mom and I were both battling the beginnings of a pretty brutal case of strep throat, but we did our best. There was the aforementioned awful weather to deal with, so between being sick, and all the snow, Christmas was a subdued affair...

Which isn't to say it wasn't fun. :-)

Even though I had already seen the crazy generosity of Dad's side of the family, and should have been prepared, I was still stunned (See above paragraph) at all the gifts at Gramma Mindy's.


I got some blocks, a big stuffed Woody (From Toy Story) doll, more books and clothes, and one of the coolest things was my very own guitar! (Actually a ukulele, but its small size was preferred over an actual guitar)


Both Uncle Mat and JustRichy came over, and I got to hang out with them, which is always a nice present....


Before my nap, Dad was nice enough to call and talk to me for a bit to wish me a very Merry Christmas...it was fun to talk to him, but obviously we all still missed him very much.


Gramma Mindy also let me help with the dishes which was pretty awesome...I am told that I am a good helper, so I do love helping at any opportunity (When I am not helping, I specifically like to hinder. It's in my nature...it's how I balance out the universe. :-) )


Even though I was under the weather, I still had a fun time. I was bummed that I couldn't make it over to Dad's fam for actual Christmas day...but I wasn't worried about it, since I had seen them on Thursday, and also I just figured I'd see them for my birthday....

But those thoughts of leaving the house anytime soon went away once more snow rolled on in....

No comments: