Sunday, June 21, 2009

Home Sweet Home...


Well...after an intense 3 day visit to Louisville, I'm back home, safe and sound. The trip back home was a lot harder than the trip out there, and Mom and Dad quickly learned that when I would like to stop and take a break, that means that right then, at that very second, I would like to stop and take a break.

I try and give them some warning...I'll wake up, be happy for about fifteen minutes or so, and then get a bit fussy. The fussiness is the warning. I'm fussy for about 10 minutes, and that's the time you have to stop. After that, I melt down.

I wouldn't even look at Mom when she sat in the back and tried to console me. I didn't want to read, or play with my stuffed animals. I wanted to be out of the car, taking a break from driving.

Once my parents figured that out, all was right with the world!

The trip was still long, but the scenery was again quite lovely. Mom and Dad talked and enjoyed the trip, while I tried to take in the natural beauty of the world around me.

Well, that and sleeping for several hours at a clip.

It was an exhausting trip, but well worth it, and I hope we get to do it again sometime soon.

No comments: