Wednesday, April 14, 2010

TODDLER_TOUR_2010 BEGINS!!


So, of course, I'm behind on posts...and this one should have gotten posted weeks ago, but I figured that since Gramma Mindy is currently visiting, it would be a good time to catch up on my LAST visit to the Grandparents...

Yes...before even the New York City trip...I went to Connecticut to visit with the fam...while this was primarily a "Dad's Side of the Family" trip, I was pleasantly surprised to get to see Gramma Mindy as well! She stopped by to pick up some of the clothes I had rapidly grown out of, and to have to dinner. (And to maaaayyyybe see me...)

I have also renamed this series of trips "Toddler Tour" since I am not quite a baby anymore...I am growing up faster than even I realized...I am trying to appreciate each stage as much as I can, as are my parents...and my infant/baby year is behind me...

Onward to Toddling!

For this trip, I spent a great deal of the time showing off my newfound walking/running skills...

Gramma chased me around a lot! I would run into the kitchen, where she was working on dinner, and laugh at her so she would turn around and chase me! And she always did!

I kept her running around so much! I got so excited that I even took a couple headers into the carpet....Dad caught this great action shot of me heading down...even in my flame-outs, I am still super-happy!

I really tired Gramma out with all the running around! She now knows how I helped my parents in their quest to lose weight (In Mom's case, it was only fair, since I helped her gain weight when she was pregnant with me...I'm also being told that I am to blame for my Dad's "Sympathy Weight Gain")

Yeah...whatever Dad...

Anyway...Gramma wasn't the only one that was tuckered out...since there was a big discussion about "Lovies" and Security blankets, Gramma brought out my Auntie Steph's blankie (Or what was left of it) to show everyone. I promptly laid down, and cuddled up with it....it was still so soft.


Yeah...that's a character from Rainbow Bright...and yeah, it's covering up a HUGE hole...that was one lovie that really was lovied.

After a little bit of rest, I got put into the highchair to get a little grub on (As Dad likes to pretend he's cool enough to say)

I got a little upset at first, so I was attacked by a group of well-meaning, but gigantic stuffed animals...obviously, I enjoyed myself quite a bit...

Yeah....I'm in there somewhere...


I had my own little cup that I did a pretty decent job drinking out of...

...and Special Guest Feeder Auntie Steph did the honors in giving me a hand getting some food into me....I got to try a little bit of some kids Chef-Boy-Ardee....not bad, I must say!

You can also see Auntie Steph's "baby bump" in this picture a little...she has a little one on the way as well (A little girl) It will be my first cousin...and I am looking very forward to mentoring this young lady as she ventures forth into the world. Stick with me, kid...and you'll have no problems.

We also had a visit from another Aunt in the form of Aunt Amy swinging by....she even got me a little present (A blue stuffed elephant which has earned a place in my room...) Really, I just love getting to open a present...tearing that paper off is such bliss...Really, it's at least half the fun...


Speaking of gifts, Gramma also bestowed upon me the stuffed bear that went along with the lovie she had gotten me a few weeks before. (She mailed me the lovie, since she knew I was in dire need, using everything from blankets to dishtowels as a substitute) The bear matched both the pattern, color and the softness of the lovie...I love it.

The weekend was, as always, too brief, but a LOT of fun...I finished it off with a visit to Juliet the bird, who while loud and crazy the whole time, got mysteriously quiet when I got too close....she's a little scary. I'm gonna have to get used to her a bit more...Gramma held me while I talked to the bird, and she was good about letting me get close enough to see her, but keeping me a safe distance away...



The trip back to DC ranked as one of Dad (and therefore MY) worst...it was super long due to horrendous traffic, and driving rain...and a 5 or 6 hour trip quickly became close to 9...it was hard for the both of us, but we both rallied...Dad thanked me countless times for how good I was being in the face of a pretty frustrating car ride...trips to the rest area were hard because of the rain and the sheer volume of people, but I did my best. I read a lot of books (some of them several times) I played with toys, I slept, I drank milk...and sooner or later we made it...it was a toughie, but we both supported each other and made it happen!

Until next time...the tour continues...

No comments: