Friday, May 28, 2010

My First Trip to Philadelphia!

Continuing my travels (and my catching up) we carry on to lovely Philadelphia! It's a great little city, with tons of rich history to it. The food is great, the people are pretty cool, and there was a lot of sights to see.

Dad made the point that I have done more varied traveling in my first 16 months than he had in
the first couple decades of his life...and I am loving it! The car trips are a little rough after having been stuck in the car seat for a few hours, but getting to where I'm going always makes it worth it...

Our hotel was pretty cool...everyone there was very nice to me, and they were kind enough to install toddler-sized drawers in the room, which was very much appreciated...

Also, the hotel was kind enough to install the door handles at a height that was accessible to me...

Dad was a bit surprised when he heard the doorknob rattling behind him...when he turned to see me opening the door and heading into the hallway (With my trademark "Buh bye!") he was downright shocked...he pulled me back in, set me up again, and took pictures while I showed him that it wasn't just a fluke...

Mom was going there for work, so I spent a lot of time out and about with Dad for the first day...I decided to tolerate some pictures in front of the City Hall....it was a gorgeous building, and it was nice walking around the downtown area...so many nice spots to see...

Dad and I shared some pretzels at a Philly pretzel place...I discovered that I don't like yellow mustard....Dad had me try a pretzel with some mustard, but it was a bit much for me...I wanted to just go with naked pretzels, thanks...

Dad and I went down to the famous "Love" sculpture in front of the famous fountain, and saw a group of people taking pictures of ballerinas for some kind of promotional thing...they looked awfully cold...I was happy to be wearing a jacket, and not a tutu.

The next day, when Mom met up with us after she was done with work, we went downtown to Independence Hall. (We figure we'll check out the Liberty Bell next time, since Mom and Dad had already seen it)

We got there at just the right moment to go inside the Independence Hall for a talk...


There was a lot of really cool information that the tour guide gave us, but c'mon....I'm 16 months old. I'm gonna sit still the whole time? So Mom took me out and about through the rest of Independence Hall while Dad finished listening to the talk....it didn't take too long...but I enjoyed running around with Mom...we had a good time, because we got to see other parts of the Hall before anyone else did.

After seeing the inside of Independence Hall, since it was such a nice day out, we walked around the grounds for awhile...

Mom and Dad let me out of the stroller, and I got to run around for a bit...

Dad chased me around, while Mom took pictures of us...it was a lot of fun. It was very cool to be running around someplace that had such rich history floating around it...

We had had a long few days sightseeing, and I was getting pretty tired, so I explained this to Mom and Dad in terms that would be pretty easy to understand...

I got super fussy.

Dad picked me up, and jokingly made weird faces for Mom to take pictures of....I am not proud of these moments, but they exist, and it's only fair for me to provide an accurate depiction of my life as a toddler in this blog. Sometimes I get crabby...sometimes Mom and Dad mess with me. All of these things are facts of life, and I am OK with that.

Anyway, after this, Mom and Dad decided that it was time to go...we had seen a lot, and had a really great trip, so they didn't mind hopping in the car and heading home...

I can't wait to visit Philadelphia again!

No comments: