Monday, July 26, 2010

TODDLER_TOUR_2010_LEG_6-Four-Day Weekend!!

This past weekend was a loooong one! I had SUCH a good time, but I am one worn-out little boy!

Dad had to go back to Connecticut for a big party on Saturday, and since he had to take both Saturday and Sunday off and had Thursday and Friday off already, he figured he'd give everyone a treat and bring me up for a four day weekend!

Mom got a bit of a break, and had a relaxing weekend, which included dinner with grown-ups, while Dad even got some time off, since he got to leave me with my family at various points during the weekend. Dad had a busy weekend, seeing tons of friends and family, and I tried to keep up the best I could...


I got to visit with DaGramma, and Grandpa, both of whom had so much fun with me! (And I had tons of fun with them!) I tore right into that little toy box, and spent a lot of time with the little numbers board with DaGramma.

DaGramma took me into the pool, and I had a little bit of trouble with that...it was a bit cold and scary, so rather than jump right in, I opted to sit on the deck with Dad and splash a bit...by the end of the week, I was in the pool like a champ when I was alone with DaGramma, but it took a bit of time to get comfortable with it...

DaGramma was also kind enough to provide me with a Sam-Size pool...

She filled it up with warm water, and I had SUCH a blast....I got to use some pool toys, and splash around a LOT since we were outside...

Friday saw a trip to my Auntie Stephanie's house to meet my new cousin Braelynn...I was a little nervous, and shy that day, but I was also VERY excited...I have seen pictures of the new baby, and couldn't wait to meet her!

At first, I just wandered around, and played with Braelynn's toys (It's been so long since I played with toys for a kid that little!) and chased my Auntie's cat around...but after awhile, when I saw Dad holding her and she was asleep, I finally walked up and gave her a little hug...I was keeping those little moments between us, and didn't keep hugging her whenever the camera came out...I wanted to savor those moments just between us...I gave her a few more hugs, and marveled at how tiny she was...I had a hard time believing that I was EVER that small! (Dad, of course, informed that I wasn't ever that small, since Braelynn is a lot tinier than I was...)

Later on, when she woke up, I asked Dad and Auntie Steph if I could hold Braelynn, and grabbed Auntie Steph's boppie pillow to show I was serious...they sat me down on the couch, and propped me up, to let me hold Braelynn...she was so tiny, and so soft...she looked up at me and kept making all these faces, and squeaking sounds...she was too adorable for words...

Can you tell how excited I am to be a big cousin?

After our visit was over (I even gave Braelynn a little kiss goodbye, and she gave me a little smile, though I'm told that was mostly gas...) we moved on to Gramma Mindy's to visit with her and JustRichy...

I feel asleep in the car and while I was sleeping, Dad moved me to the couch inside (While putting a chair up to protect me from falling) Suffice to say, it was a little crazy waking up on the couch surrounded by family after having fallen asleep in the car with just Dad...

I got to spend a lot of time there, and got to eat lunch with Gramma Mindy, Dad, and JustRichy...it was yummy, but I REALLY wanted to play the piano, so I cut it a bit short...

Later, JustRichy was nice enough to play catch with the big ball! I loved running to that very specific spot where I could get the most distance between JustRichy and I to get the most out of "catch"


As you can see, I have my Dad's sports skills, since I'm not even paying attention to the ball being rolled at me...


But I fooled everyone, because at the last minute, I turned around and caught the ball. I even managed to roll it back to JustRichy a few times...it was great fun!

I also got to go up and down the stairs a lot (With adult supervision, of course) and played with all the toys that were there!

Gramma Mindy read a book with me that, for some reason, my Mom just isn't into...her loss, man.

After lunch, Gramma Mindy gave me a little ice cream, which made for a delightful snack on such a warm day...I stood dutifully in front of her and let her spoon out the ice cream for me...

It was super yummy...

Friday night, I got to see Uncle Steve and Aunt Amy, and on Saturday Dad's friends Chris and Lynette came by to visit with me...since my staff photographer (Dad) was otherwise occupied, there aren't any photos from that stuff, but I can assure you that I was having a blast and sharing all the new words I've been learning with everyone...it's always nice to see everyone!

Later in the evening, in order to wind down a bit, I spent a lot of timing playing with toys, and sitting on the little stool that they had for me...it was so convenient....and everyone loves when I say "Sit! Sit!"


Before we left on Sunday, Dad and I made a quick stop by the bagel shop where Uncle Steve (and now JustRichy too!) works...we got to have a nice bagel breakfast, with juice, and hang out with Uncle Steve even longer (I saw JustRichy, too, but he was still in the middle of his shift, and had to work...it was fun watching him bake bagels though! What a neat job!)

We had a long and difficult drive back home, and Dad was bummed because we had had SUCH a great drive up to Connecticut on Thursday...I guess the curse continues. We have yet to really have a great drive up AND a great drive back on the same trip...

The drive was fine until Delaware, where we ran into some heavy rain...this continued down the coast until we arrived back home...to find Mom! Our building was one of the few around the area with power (Hooray for underground cables laid in 1964!) and I was SO excited to see Mom! Even though I had fun, and she had a nice long weekend break, we both missed each other a lot! I told her all the new words I had been saying, and she was super thrilled with my ever-expanding vocabulary!

The past couple days since we got back have been hard and a bit crabby, but it was worth the trip...it's always great to see everyone, and this weekend was PACKED with visits! What a great trip! See you all again soon!

Thanks for letting me turn on all the fans! (And sorry for kinda breaking one of the fans at DaGramma's...I'm glad she managed to fix it...)

No comments: