Saturday, July 24, 2010

Visiting the Museum of Crime & Punishment!

I am currently enjoying an epic four day weekend trip to Connecticut...you'll get a recap of that in my next post.

Yeah, that's right...you won't have to wait a month to hear about it...what a novel idea, right?

Until then, let's talk Crime and Punishment...

So, Mom and Dad got discounted tickets to cool new museum down here in DC called The Museum of Crime and Punishment. It is a museum with tons of information and interactive exhibits in regards to the history of crime (and punishment, duh) in the US. There is a lot of CSI type stuff here, a crime lab, and they actually shoot "America's Most Wanted" here now.

Now, you may ask yourself...what is an 18 month old doing in a museum like this? Well...I can't read, and Mom and Dad kept me away from any gruesome picture or artifacts...so it all worked out. Whenever either of them wanted to see something that wasn't appropriate for me, they handed me off to the other parent.

There was still lots of cool stuff for me to see! For example, both Mom and Dad took me under this night vision/heat signature camera thingie...this is Dad holding me!


It really took Mom showing me what was going on for me to fully realize what was happening...

I also got into a driving simulator with Mom...it was super fun sitting in her lap and driving with her that way! It was pretty realistic, so the fact that Mom ended up driving off the road so early on, was kind of disconcerting..


Mom and Dad both helped me get onto a police motorcyle. Dad was worried since the sirens were supposed to go on whenever someone climbed on to it, but I think that I was too light to actually set off the sensors! Crazy, right?


I got to play with the tail light, and look all around the motorcycle, which was fun! Then Mom and Dad helped me get on to the bike so I could pretend like I was driving it like all the big boys do! I couldn't quite reach the handlebars, but I also couldn't reach the gear shifters, so I had nothing to worry about...


Even though I was nervous about the siren, I kind of wish it had gone on...it would have been pretty exciting...but either way, I had a lot of fun getting to ride the motorcyle...

I can't tell you how appreciative I am that I get to do so many cool things in so many cool places! Life, so far, is a blast!

Towards the end of the day, I was getting pretty tired, but Dad was kind enough to scan my fingerprint. I was super cool to see the red laser scan over my finger, and come up with a virtual representation of my fingerprint. I have apparently broken my parole. You may ask yourself how someone as young as myself could have broken parole...but the real question is, why was I on parole in the first place...

No comments: