Thursday, December 20, 2012

Cox Farms Harvest Festival 2012!

Taking a step back for a moment, Dad and I went out to Cox Farms in Virginia for their annual Harvest Festival. It was a gorgeous farm, very big, and a lovely little festival....

The main event was the pumpkin smashing...yep, you heard that right. People brought their old jack-o-lanterns, and the crew at the festival brought a bunch of them up onto a crane, and dropped them from enormous heights onto a wooden table, where they exploded in a gleeful mist of pumpkin guts and water.
I couldn't believe what I was seeing...
But when you saw those suckers hit...it was pretty darn impressive. It was certainly a fun end for them!
I watched so many pumpkins explode, that it made me silly with laughter.
Until, that is, we realized that between overcast skies, and some crazy weather front, it wasn't going to get any warmer....Dad and his friends (who we had met at the festival) discussed the fact that this was the coldest festival that they had ever gone to....it was so cold, I had to call it and have Dad take me home....

I had fun for the little bit of time we were there, and Dad really enjoyed it, but it was too much for me...

Later, I went through the map (which I was obviously in charge of, as seen below) with Mom, and showed her all the things I couldn't go see because of how cold it was...ah well, we'll try again next year!

Maybe on a warmer day. :-/



No comments: