Friday, November 21, 2008

Singulitis: The spasmodic contraction of the diaphragm that repeats several times per minute.

Or for you laymen out there...

I had the hiccups the other day. 

Now, while I have had the hiccups on several other occasions, this is the first time that Dad was able to feel them. 

People...you have had the hiccups...you know how uncomfortable they are. Now, imagine being an innocent baby...floating around in your tiny little world, and suddenly you start these things, and can't seem to stop. It's pretty annoying, mildly uncomfortable, and completely undignified.

However, on the outside world, it is apparently a fascinating thing to behold. You can apparently feel me having little shivering hiccups through Mom's stomach, which Dad felt the other day for the first time. You can also see her stomach jumping around as I have my hiccups. 

Dad thought it was pretty awesome, and I even heard him laughing. Outrageous. You just wait until i get my driver's license, pal.

Laugh it up, people... apparently it's even cuter for you and more annoying for me when I get them on "The Outside..."

Something else to look forward to for the both of us.

No comments: