Sunday, May 15, 2011

I am a Junior Firefighter!!

Last week, I had a very exciting run-in with some fire fighters!

Dad picked me up from daycare, and when he did, there was a fire truck waiting outside. As I am a huge fan of fire trucks, I asked if we could stick around and check it out. Dad obliged, and we got to look at all of the lights and equipment on the truck for a awhile. It was really cool! Dad tried to explain what stuff on the truck did (as far as his limited fire truck knowledge could take him, obviously) and I really enjoyed hanging out.

When it was time to go, we bumped into the fire fighters as they were exiting the building (Luckily, it didn't look like there was a real emergency, which is always nice)

And then, something extraordinary happened...they all stopped to talk to me. I didn't even have to ask! They were all giving me handshakes, and high-fives, and they totally made my day. I told them I really liked their truck, and one of them asked if I could walk back to the truck with them, because they had a present for me!

We got back to the truck, and one of the fire fighters came out with a roll of stickers shaped like badges, and he stuck it on my shirt, making me an honorary Junior Firefighter with the Bethesda-Chevy Chase rescue squad. How amazing is that?! And then to top it all off, he gave me one of the little fire fighter hats that they keep in the truck for just such an occasion. I got to watch the truck drive off, which was really cool since I was so close to it while it drove away...


I was so happy, I couldn't contain myself, and have been wearing the hat pretty much every day (at least once a day) ever since...


In addition, on a side note, I finally got to take home the grass seeds that we have been growing in little cups at daycare....pretty cool, right? It's quite soft, and smells so good...like a fresh Spring day!


2 comments:

Gramma Mindy said...

Did Daddy tell you that your Mom's cousin Tim is a real firefighter and your Uncle Brian, too?

The P-G Kids said...

He DID tell me that....I, however, will be acting in a more supervisory or consulting role in my position as Junior Firefighter...and leave the real work to those brave folks. :-)

However, I am an amazing supervisor, due to having my Mom's genes...