Thursday, May 5, 2011

MY NEW TRICYCLE!

So, you may recall that over Christmas/My Birthday there was some pretty nasty weather that prevented everyone from being able to get out to my party. I had a lot of fun with Mom's family (we had a little snowed-in birthday party) but a lot of presents didn't make it to us...

When we went to Pennsylvania, Mom and Dad picked up the remaining presents from Gramma Debbie and Grandpa, and they have been slowly metering them out to me over the last few months. They

One thing they DIDN'T wait to give me was my long-awaited TRICYCLE!! When Dad opened the box I was SO excited, and couldn't wait to help put it together...

Gramma Debbie got this for me for my birthday as soon as she heard that I was riding them at daycare, and asking for my own! How cool is that?

I looked through the parts, and easily found the handlebars...I held on to them so that Dad could put them in last. I saw that the instructions had them listed as one of the last items to install and I didn't want them to get in Dad's way.

Dad trusted me to organize all the parts according to the manual, and once I did, he started assembling the front tire assembly.


He gave me the wrench and let me work on the seating assembly...I think I did pretty well considering my lack of experience...I'm glad Dad lets me do stuff like this, so that I can get better at it before I'm called upon to do this kind of stuff on my own.

Dad let me put the seat on, and even let me adjust it for the proper height. I obviously had a little bit of experience with how tall I am, so I think I did a pretty good job with it if I do say so myself.

Before long, everything was fully assembled, and I got to test it out inside one final time before we got ready to head outside for a full test run...

Can you tell I'm a little happy about it?
Somehow Dad managed to convince me to get out of my PJs and put some clothes on to go outside and ride my tricycle for the first time...

It took me awhile to get it down, since this is somewhat different than the tricycles I'm used to at daycare, but soon enough, I was cruising effortlessly...

I'm sure that there will be many more exploits with my tricycle! I can't tell you how awesome this is...

Thanks Gramma Debbie, and Grandpa! Wheeeee!!!!

No comments: