Sunday, January 29, 2012

I turned 3!!!

In all the holiday hubbub...I never really did a proper posting about my birthday! I turned THREE! Can you believe it!?

The picture above was taken during the .024 seconds that I was standing still next to that 3 in the Sears Portrait Studio...

Since my birthday happens around Christmas, things were a little crazy with lots of celebrating! (And lots of cake!) so it's understandable that I haven't gotten to this posting yet....

Since my birthday got snowed out last year (CLICK HERE to reminisce) Gramma Mindy again hosted a party for me on the day after Christmas....It had a Toy Story (Primarily Buzz Lightyear) theme with plates, napkins, and decorations that featured my current favorite space ranger...

This year, the weather was much kinder to us and LOTS of people got to come to the party! Dad's family showed up (Minus my Auntie Steph and cousin Braelynn, because Braelynn was sick. :-(  ) and Mom's family came too!
One would think that it would be difficult to have a birthday that falls right after Christmas, but it's actually kind of nice...I like when things are all lit up and decorated during my birthday! It's really nice!



A cool thing about my birthday was that my Uncle Steve got to come! He has to work a lot, and so we thought he might miss it, but this time around, he managed to get some time off, and I got to see him. He looks pretty awesome in that birthday hat!


As is typical, I got to have a cake, and they added three Toy Story alien candles....everyone sang "Happy Birthday" to me, and I got to blow out the candles (After making a wish, of course!) 


I got to tear into some delicious cake, and received a lot of really cool presents...as always, everyone was very generous, and I really enjoyed hanging out with them at my party!

When I arrived back home in Maryland, Mom and Dad had another birthday present waiting for me...it was pretty big, and I was very excited at the prospect of another surprise!

I unwrapped it with crazy anticipation, and at first I saw a box of diapers underneath the pretty wrapping paper...now don't get me wrong, I'm as appreciative as they come, and I can always use diapers (For a little while longer, anyway...) but I had kind of built up in my head the idea that it was going to be something different...


Sure enough I was right...Mom and Dad got me the penguin pillow pet that I had been eyeing for months...at the Baltimore Aquarium and at Sears, or anywhere else I saw pillow pets, I'd dig around until I found the penguin, and would cuddle with it, truly enjoying the experience...now, I had one of my very own...it was an awesome present...

It truly was a lovely birthday....and I still hadn't even had the party with my friends from daycare yet! That update...is coming soon!

No comments: