Tuesday, June 12, 2012

An Epic May Weekend Visit: Saturday

Saturday was Dad's Big Night Out with his friends, but that didn't mean we couldn't have a good time during the day! Aunt Amy and Uncle Steve bought a bunch of cool stuff to play with...first up was a big sandbox that I got to play in with Nicholas.There were lots of beach toys to dig and move sand with so we had a lot of fun and spent a long time in there.
Next up was a water table....Nicholas and I got to help Uncle Steve put the table together. There were A LOT of pieces....so many that it seemed overwhelming at first!
Luckily Uncle Steve had two very small but very able helpers to assist him in the complicated process...I think that there may have been some instances where we might have possibly gotten in the way a little bit, but I think for the most part, we made the process easier.

Or at least more fun, right? :-)
Soon enough, through Uncle Steve's superb skill (and our able assistance) the water table was complete!!
Now, even though we were excited about the water table, it simply wasn't enough on this blazing summer day...so Uncle Steve scored some more kid points by hauling out the hose with a sprinkler at the end of it! He was barely able to move out of the way in time before the hose turned on, and the sprinkler started shooting water everywhere!
I was out of my mind with joy and excitement! I kept running through the sprinkler with Nicholas, and take drinks from it when I could...
Nicholas joined me in the sprinkler while Uncle Steve moved to sit with Gramma Debbie for a well-deserved break...
Nicholas and I would run back and forth from Aunt Amy, exchanging high-fives whenever we looped back around to her...
Nicholas was going as crazy as I was! He was shrieking with delight, and getting absolutely drenched!
I couldn't stop running back and forth! I can't put into words how ridiculously happy this little sprinkler made us both...it's so much fun hanging out with Nicholas!
It wasn't until a little later that I realized that the sprinkler was designed to look like one of my old favorites: SpongeBob SquarePants! How cool is THAT!?
We finally wound down the water play outside, and I gave Aunt Amy a final high-five before heading over to see Gramma Debbie...
...who wrapped me in a nice warm towel to dry me off. This is my "mean face" Yeah...that's right....watch out!
We finished up the day cozied up on the couch watching TV with Aunt Amy ('Mom' to Nicholas) and a bit of relaxing...such a nice day...

No comments: