Monday, June 18, 2012

Tumbler Tour 2012!!

So...Dad had this idea in his head to go and check out the BatMobile (Called by its name "The Tumbler" in this series of films) and the BatCycle (Called...uh...the...TumblerCycle?) I am a fan of Batman, and though I hadn't seen this series of films, I thought it might be cool. It took a bit of convincing from Dad, but I finally acquiesced...

Boy, was I glad that I did.  
Now, it took some doing, since we drove about 45 minutes, parked in a garage about a 15 minutes walk from the event, and THEN discovered that the BatStuff was part of a larger radio station event that you had to pay for.

Because Dad is awesome (and he was kind of excited about seeing the BatStuff, too) he paid the only slightly unreasonable ticket price, and walked on in...

Only to be confronted by The Joker!! To his credit, he was doing his best to be friendly, but I regarded him with suspicion from the get-go. After awhile, I finally warmed up to him (and his friend Harley Quinn, glimpsed in the background) but I was always on the lookout for anything that didn't seem like it was on the up-and-up 
Dad tried in vain to get a nice picture of my with the vehicles...he had Mom put me in my Batman shirt (Thanks Mom!) and tried to get a nice picture...
...and tried...
until I FINALLY smiled (he bribed me with being allowed to go into the misting house
THERE it is!
A very cool little event to check out...AND since we got there so late, we were able to watch them drive the car away (Alas, they only rolled the motorcycle away, but it was BEYOND awesome to watch the man climb inside The Tumbler and drive it off...)
And as promised...WE GOT TO RUN AROUND THE MISTING HOUSE!!

Such a lovely way to end a warm evening...
Dad ran around with me and cooled off a bit too...we were both all soaked and laughing...

What a cool night!

No comments: