Friday, November 22, 2013

Pre-School Graduation 2013!

Now that we are deep into Fall (and into my final year of pre-school!) I figured I'd take advantage of the bit of down time we have to finish catching everyone up on the rest of 2013 before we head into the busy holidays (and of course, 2014!)

So...since I mentioned school, it only makes sense that we talk about my graduation from my first year of preschool into my second year of preschool. For many of my friends, it was a graduation from preschool into kindergarten, but since I was born so late in the year, I missed the kindergarten cutoff, and had to stay at The Shoe for one more year.

The stage was set for a lovely event. Our talented teachers and parents decorated a conference room upstairs in the office building that our school is located in, and it looked REALLY good! Of course, we got to help!

We walked in to a song called "Pomp and Circumstance" and most of us wore green graduation caps, just like the big kids!
I was one of the kids that welcomed the parents and friends to the event! Me and some of my friends stood up and did our clapping song ("If you're ready give me three claps..." followed by us getting everyone to clap three times, all the way up to ten claps...and then we  bowed to the applause of our adoring guests...
We also performed a few songs that we had learned and performed over the school year at events like the Holiday Party, and the Halloween Party....in addition, we performed a new one that we rehearsed JUST for this graduation!
They called our names, and we all got to go up and get our little diplomas...
And at the end of the ceremony, again, just like the big kids, we threw our hats up in the air to celebrate! How cool is THAT!?
I did a really great job, and was so proud of not only the celebration we had today, but all the work I did to get here. I had a lot of fun, and learned a ton over the school year, and can't WAIT to see what this next year has to offer me!

No comments: