Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Aftermath of Snowmageddon...


So, once the snow stopped falling (FINALLY!) on Saturday, Mom and Dad decided to get serious...

And serious meant bundling me up in a snow suit...and taking me out to explore the snow for the first time.

Now, if you are an avid follower of my blog (Which I am sure you are...) you recall that the other day saw my first trip outside into the snow for the first time...I walked around a bit, and got to feel the snow on my face and hands...it was a really good time!

But, that was nothing.

Mom, Dad and I ventured back out onto the roof of our building, and had the whole place to ourselves (Except for some VERY dedicated smokers...) They suited me up in a warm snowsuit, tucked my pants into my socks, threw some gloves, an adorable hat and the cozy little mini Ugg boots that my cousin Amber bought on me, and we were good to go.

We had to rush upstairs because I immediately started overheating, but once they got me up there, it was sink or swim (Or in this case lay there prone on a pile of snow, or crawl)

Mom and Dad spotted me while I got my bearings. At first I was little nervous, because I felt the snow shift underneath me, and I wasn't sure it would hold...but once I was sure, there was no stopping me!


I was wiggling all over the place! It was so much fun to crawl around! You can see the little tracks I left in the picture above. I would feel the ground give way under my hands as I crawled, but because I was so light, I was able to keep going. Even though Mom and Dad sank in the snow when they tried to walk on it, I was able to skim right along top of it...it was funny to watch them sink in up to their knees, knowing that I could crawl right along top of it, and that the snow was deeper than I am tall!!! Mom and Dad were both clapping as I got better at moving through the snow. I was giggling, and having a great time, and both Mom and Dad couldn't stop smiling while they watched me!

It was SO cold, but that was part of the fun! I kept stopping to pick up snow, and squeeze it in my hands...it was so much fun to make this tiny little snowballs (It's good practice for the inevitable snow ball fights that I plan on getting into someday...)

There was so much going through my head all at once...I was cold, but had warm feelings of fun runing through me, and I kept alternating between squealing with delights, and saying "Brrrr..."

After we had a blast playing in the snow, Dad picked me up, and Mom took a picture to show off the results of my snowy play...

We headed back downstairs, and got all those cold clothes stripped off me so I could get all warmed up again!

As I write this, yet another blizzard is raging outside...I sure hope this means that I get to play in the snow with Mom and Dad some more!!

2 comments:

Gramma Mindy said...

We are all so glad that you got to play in the snow!

The P-G Kids said...

We are, too! It was way too much fun for all of us! I can't believe I have to wait a whole year to play in the snow again.