Sunday, February 7, 2010

Snowmageddon...

As I finish the final rounds of antibiotics for my pink eye, and minor ear infection, I must touch upon Snowmageddon.

That's right...people are calling this latest blizzard Snowmageddon (After last year's Snowpacalypse, I'm not sure what we have left to call these huge storms) and this time we are lucky enough to not have to move to a new apartment in this snow! Dad still had to go out to work, and luckily he made it back and forth without any real problems.

On Friday night, before the storm got really bad, we all went up to the roof of our new building, and got to play in the snow for a little while!

Now, you have to imagine how exciting this is for me...for months, I have been looking at the snow through a plate of glass, and LOVED the way it drifted towards the ground all peaceful-like. I could stand there and watch it for HOURS...(Kind of like I did HERE)
But when Mom got home from work, we all went up to the roof, (after they bundled me up, of course) and I got to actually go outside while it was snowing!!

Mom was still feeling sick, but she was a trooper, and came out anyways! She was nice enough to take pictures, while Dad walked me around the roof. There were some bigger kids on the roof making a snowman, (Which I look very forward to doing someday) but I basically just walked around and enjoyed the snow for a little while. I liked how it felt when it drifted into my face, and I couldn't look around fast enough! It was coming from all directions!

It's one thing to be able to watch this kind of thing from inside...but being out there right in the midst of it, was beyond words. I hope I don't ever lose the ability to get this much joy out of something so simple! Plus, I get to wear adorable hats and warm clothes when I go outside in the winter, so that's always a plus.

Dad even put me down, and held on to me while I ran around in the snow. It was such a weird feeling! It was soft under my feet, like a mattress, but very slippery. Dad held on to my hands really tightly to make sure I didn't drop, but I thought I did a pretty good job considering the fact that I had never been on snow before!

I was so excited! I was just running around like crazy, because I didn't know where I wanted to go next! And all around us was the snow! It fell from the sky, and was blown around from where it had already landed on the ground already! I can't tell you how much fun it was to finally get out there!

Finally, Dad put me down, and let me pick up some snow. Let me tell you, say that snow is cold...but until you've held it in your little hand, you have NO idea! As I held it, I felt it get all melty, but I didn't want to drop it yet because I was so excited to be holding it. I was kind of surprised at how cold it was, but couldn't wait to pick more up. I can't WAIT to get out there someday and build a snowman...

Well...after I warm up my little hands, of course...

Tonight...we go out and see what it's like to play in 24 INCHES of snow!!

No comments: