Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween 2012!!

Man, this is a late entry (Since we were out TRICK OR TREATING until late at night! Well...late for me)

I hope you all had a lovely Halloween...luckily, our community was not affected too badly, so we were able to go out and enjoy the holiday...our thoughts to out to people who's Halloweens were postponed due to the storm, and especially those dealing with power outages and damage...I hope things get back to normal as soon as possible...

I felt very fortunate that, not only were we able to carry on, but that Mom made it home from work in time to join us! I was a little hesitant at first....I was feeling a bit stressed out and overwhelmed...also a little scared! It was dark out there, and we were just walking around the neighborhood! In the dark! Luckily, Dad gave me control of the flashlight (I know, Dad...point it down! I heard you!) so I felt a little better...also, I met up with some friends from my preschool class....they helped me loosen up a bit, and really enjoy the night!

There were SO many kids out trick or treating in the neighborhood! It was so cool to see everyone's costumes! This picture has a shot of us heading up to a porch to get some candy...I have stopped, noticeably horrified at the grim reaper figure (You can sort of see his red eyes in the picture) Luckily, Mom was able to subtly hint to the man handing out candy that I was scared, so he was nice enough to come down the steps to give me some candy...
There was so much variety (Though I stuck to my favorites: Lollipops, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, and Milky Ways) in what people were handing out...it was great...some people handed it to us, others let us pick (It was a challenge with my Buzz Lightyear gloves, but I persevered) It was great!
We just kept running around (Safely) from house to house, saying "Trick or Treat" getting some candy, saying "Thanks" and heading off to the next house....such a lovely little neighborhood with such nice people...
We finally started winding down as the evening grew late...we were all getting a little tired, but managed to hit a few more houses before splitting off and heading home...I managed to get some dinner into me before passing out in my bed, barely able to stay awake during the bedtime stories...
Looking at my bucket, and feeling the weight of it, it sure looked like I had gotten a pretty solid amount of candy for my third Halloween....it's hard to believe how much has changed....but yet, I still had just as much fun as I always had...what a great Halloween!
This was a pretty great Halloween season overall...I look very forward to heading into the Fall and Winter months, which include both of my parents birthdays, my birthday, Thanksgiving and Christmas!!

HAPPY
HALLOWEEN!

1 comment:

Gramma Mindy said...

Your Halloween posts are great. Your costume is magnificent. It's so great your Halloween went on as usual.