Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Replacement Pumpkins 2012

A mild tragedy befell our household just before Halloween, folks...the pumpkins we had so lovingly (and carefully) plucked from the pumpkin patch rotted out....the fact that we kept them inside probably didn't help, but we are also thinking that after the same thing happened this year that happened last year...we might have to choose a new pumpkin patch...
Dad and I ventured out to a smaller more "city-based" portable pumpkin patch (I was a little disappointed at first that they didn't have hay rides, but Dad made up for it by taking me for a ride in the small wagons that they had for us...)
Look how big some of these pumpkins are! Crazy! I tried to pick some of them up, and I couldn't even budge it! I even asked Dad to try, and though he is so strong, he could barely pick one up, too!
Monkey came along, and helped us look around for the perfect replacement pumpkins for Halloween...he had some solid opinions on pumpkins, I must say...I didn't know that he had this much knowledge! I always thought of Monkey as more of a gourd hobbyist, but knows way more than he lets on...
This inevitably led to me giving Monkey a few rides in the wagon...
We walked around the patch for awhile, and he really enjoyed himself...as did both Dad and I. (Mom was under the weather, and resting at home....I hope she feels better soon!)
  Get this...Monkey even let me bury him in the pumpkin bin...I laid him down, and slowly stacked the pumpkins on top of him, being careful not to smoosh him...he kept giggling the entire time, so you knew he was having fun! Monkey is a great friend, and a very good sport...
Later on, we found another cart, and played a fun game where I kept "forgetting" Monkey locked up in the cart...I would then go back and unlock him, effectively "rescuing" him...

We did this a bunch of times, and I got really good at getting the sides of the cart down to get him out...
Ultimately, we ended up with some really nice replacement pumpkins for Halloween, just in the nick of time!!

No comments: