Saturday, December 6, 2008

Ah...the crazy...

So...Mom is a little big.

I blame myself, of course, but let's face facts people. While Dad thinks that she's beautiful (and has actually managed to pull off some surprisingly fashionable outfits throughout the pregnancy, so YAY HER!) she DOES still HAPPEN to be pregnant...and she does actually look pregnant...not fat.

She relayed to me an incident when she had been walking down the street and this guy that looked perfectly normal at first (I stress the at first part) looked at her. Now, we live in Washington, DC, and as is is typically the case, Mom has garnered the attention of some homeless people (Maybe because her husband looks homeless, they figure they have an "in" with her...OH SNAP! NO I DIDN'T!!) She is used to people looking at her and saying stuff like "God Bless Your Baby" and what-not (and to those kind souls, I say thank you) but this guy looked at her weirdly, and started yelling at her...

He yelled that she was responsible for the way she looked, and that if she had eaten better, and gotten off her ass more, she would look better and be healthier...

My Mom, enjoying the absurdity of the moment since she looks SO....OBVIOUSLY...PREGNANT....just laughed and laughed. She couldn't even wait until he wasn't around, just because it was so absurd...hysterical.

I can't wait to meet people.

No comments: