Sunday, December 28, 2008

Introducing....

S.W.P-G



My name is Samuel Wenceslaus Pellegrino-Grant.

Ah, you think my middle name is a little unique, eh? Well good! Because it's supposed to be!

The back story is as follows...The Christmas song "Good King Wenceslaus" was a favorite of my Mom's father (My Grandfather) The story goes that a king goes out to give alms to a poor peasant on the Fest of Stephen (December 26th) During the journey, his page is about to give up the struggle against the cold weather, but is enabled to continue by the heat miraculously emanating from the king's footprints in the snow. The legend is based on the life of the historical Saint Wenceslaus I, Duke of Bohemia.

My parents decided that my middle name would be Wenceslaus if I were born on December 26th, and lo and behold, I was, so lo and behold it is!

So far, I like it...Also, I have a rockin' Christmas song with my name in it! You can't beat THAT!

More later!

1 comment:

A New Journey said...

I'm so excited to finally get to see you and hope soon can meet you in person Love cousins in PA