Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Home Stretch...

So here we are, ladies and gentlemen, fans and detractors...

We are officially in the home stretch, folks...It is the beginning of December, and as Christmas decorations go up (OK...so some of them started right after Halloween, which terrified Dad, but for the MOST part, people have started to put up the bulk of their Christmas stuff.) the day I arrive creeps closer and closer.

Mom & Dad, much like when they got super busy  right around their wedding, are now trying to finish the last details regarding me (Cleaning the apartment, setting stuff up, figuring out how a car seat goes in the car, etc) in addition to Christmas shopping (A slightly scaled-down Christmas is to be had this year because of both the economy, and me...) and actually living their lives at work, and what-not....

I am currently head-down, and ready to rock n' roll...I have a few more weeks to cook, and then Mom is unleashing me on the world!

Right now, if you didn't know, Mom is due on Christmas Eve...she believes that she won't go past December 15, but we'll see whose right about that. Because do you people know who's in charge in this situation? ME! And do you people know how random these pregnancies can be? VERY! 

Gramma Mindy arrives in the big District on December 19th (And has gently encouraged me to  wait until she arrives) and my other Grandmother (Da Gramma) will set forth on her journey from a land called  "Connecticut" once Mom is in labor...Apparently, this "Connecticut" is something called a "State" with something called "Voting Rights" which our fair District somehow lacks. I don't know why my parents bother paying taxes...

These are the plans, of course, and we all know what happens to the plan when a baby is involved.   

No comments: