Sunday, July 17, 2011

My First Movie!!!

I'll take a break from catching up with old blog entries by talking about something that happened just yesterday...why you ask?

Well, yesterday, Mom and Dad decided to take me to see a movie in the theater for the very first time!

They had been seeing previews for the new Winnie the Pooh movie (The first one that has been shown in the theaters in many many years) and thought that it'd be the perfect movie to take me to...and they were right!
While we walked to the theater, we all talked about who were going to see...Mom and Dad talked about Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, Kanga, Roo and Owl...but they had forgotten Eeyore! So I filled in the blank by shouting "Eeyore!!"

Before we knew it, we were at the theater....Mom and Dad bought tickets and some snacks, and we sat down in the theater...I was SOOOO excited....I sat on Dad's lap, and even tried a few pieces of popcorn (it was delicious, but I was engrossed in the movie and stuck with my pretzel bites instead....popcorn is apparently a choking hazard...but it was nice to test it out)

There were easily 215 previews, which were fun, but they were really trying my patience...I was getting so excited that I nearly exploded when I saw the preview for the new Muppets Movie...

The lights dimmed, and we were treated to a cartoon short about the Loch Ness Monster, which was fun...(And yes...Dad took this picture before the movie, so we weren't bothering anyone. :-) )

After the delightful little short, the main feature began, and I was simply entranced...I sat there for just over an hour, enjoying myself with the movie...I danced on Dad's lap during the songs, and really had a such a great time. Mom and Dad seemed to enjoy the movie as well. They told me that it was a new story, but retained the classic feel of the old Pooh cartoons...I won't spoil anything, but I will say that if you're in the mood for a good old-fashioned bit of hand-drawn animation that is just a joyful bit of fun, Winnie the Pooh 2011 is for you.

When the movie was over, I immediately wanted to watch it again, but I contented myself with watching the little bits of animation that played over the ending credits....

When it was over, we walked home, filled with the happiness that only seeing a good movie in a darkened theater with a bunch of other like-minded people can bring...



2 comments:

Gramma Mindy said...

Such a big boy!!

The P-G Kids said...

It's true....I'm growing in leaps and bounds...it's like every day I get to do something new. :-)