Sunday, July 24, 2011

TODDLER_TOUR_2011_LEG_4_BASEBALL AT GRAMMA DEBBIE'S!


As we sometimes do, we stopped at Gramma Debbie's on the way home to DC on Sunday a few weekends ago...Uncle Steve and Aunt Amy were there, and Dad was kind enough to pack my Toy Story bat and baseball set...


Aunt Amy tried to help me with my hand-eye coordination by throwing the ball to me, and having me hit it....I still have to work on that a bit...I understand the principals, but the timing isn't quite right yet...

Uncle Steve attempted the same method, and I had a bit more success, but a true hit continues to elude me...

It's not for lack of trying...I really swung the bat at those pitches, and tried as hard as I could to hit them the best I could...but trying to connect something so small with something else so small is proving difficult. Dad blames himself and his "non-sports" genes, but I think I can overcome.

Finally, Uncle Steve chased after me when I had sort of hit the ball, and rather than just tag me "out", he grabbed me, lifted me up, and made me beg for mercy (in a fun, baseball-y kind of way, of course. :-) )

After our game of baseball, it was back on the road (Man, I have truly logged a lot of miles being only two and a half) and off to see Dad again...


See you soon, Connecticut!! (Like seriously....REALLY soon....stay tuned...)

No comments: