Wednesday, July 13, 2011

TODDLER_TOUR_2011_LEG_2_GRAMMA AND GRANDPA'S COOKOUT!

After the awful drive we had, it was a relief to finally make it to Grandma Debbie's and Grandpa's place! Since the drive was so long, I was happy to get to cool off in the little pool that Gramma Debbie had so kindly set up for me...


While they were cooking dinner (hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken skewers) I took my time having a blast in the pool.

It took a bit of convincing to get me in there, but Dad joined me while Mom took pictures, and we had a lot of fun playing with the ball and splashing each other.

Once dinner was ready, I got out, toweled off, and had myself a hot dog, in addition to some other lovely side dishes. Gramma is a great cook! Since I ate so well, I was rewarded with something I had never had before...an ice cream sandwich! Who can I hug for creating such a thing!?!? I mean, I enjoy regular old sandwiches as much as the next guy, but who came up with putting ice cream in between two chocolate wafers, and calling it a sandwich!? AMAZING!

Can EVERY sandwich be like this?! PLEASE!?

OK....I gotta bring it down...gotta bring it back down...I can only hope that another ice cream, sandwich (or six) lies somewhere in my future...

As dinner wound down, I had some time to play with my cousins Nicholas and Braelynn again, and though I was chastised for throwing a toy at Braelynn, and swinging a hanging swing at her (It was all out of love...I swear) in general, it was a good time, and we played together nicely. I was just getting a bit tired, having had no nap, and was acting out a bit...I have to get it down that I'm the big cousin here, and I have to provide protection and guidance for the little ones...

As is typical for weekends like this, Mom and I headed up for Gramma Mindy's for the weekend, and Dad went off to the train station to head back home to work...

No comments: