Monday, December 7, 2009

November, we hardly knew ya....

So, as is usually the case in November, Dad has monopolized the computer in order to write his silly little novel (or, as I'm told) to continue the huge novel he started a couple years ago...I have once again fallen behind on my updates...if you're still around, thanks as always for your patience...if you left and then came back, WELCOME BACK!

November was a nice month...did some traveling, and saw a lot of people...I also met some new people...the next few posts will be a delicious mixture of catching you up on my eleventh month, and keeping you up to date on my newest developments...

Just a brief note about my most recent doctor visit, which was technically the nine month visit.

Things went well, and I came in at 17 lbs, 0.5 ounces, my head was 17 7/8 inches around, and I am currently coming in at 28 inches long. I am still a little light, but the doctor isn't too concerned. Mom and Dad are now redoubling their efforts to stuff me up....

SO...in mid-November, Mom was going on a business trip to New Orelans, so since Dad needed to hang out and watch me anyways, he decided to take a trip to Connecticut for the sole purpose of visiting...he'd had enough of rushed trips to Connecticut for weddings, or concerts, where he was always running around, so he decided instead do just plan to come up, and hang out at Da Gramma's place to receive guests, have some pizza for dinner, and relax...he also wanted to give people a chance to see me that hadn't had the chance to, or that hadn't seen me a lot...

This is my Dad's friend, Lynda...he has known her since high school and is one of his oldest friends. Her husband wants to have no less than 200 children, so we're trying to prepare her for the daunting tasks ahead...she was quite happy to have photographic evidence of herself holding a baby, and she actually did a pretty good job of hanging out with me. I think she'll be just fine with 199 more of me...
I think that this is when Mike was pretending to get punched by me...or was actually being punched by me. It's all a little fuzzy at this point...
The back of my adorable "New Sheriff in Town" pajamas, while I play with Auntie Steph and Laura. Martha Goose watches over the proceedings...
Laura was fast enough, and managed to get one of my favorite toy cups on my head...I'm not quite sure why, as I wiggled it off my head pretty quickly. The picture is blurry because of my unphotographable speed.

Yeah...see what I did there...I just made up that word.

This is my Dad's friend Janice...we're pretty sure that, while they are active online friends, they haven't seen one another since Mom and Dad got married about a hundred years ago...everyone was excited to see her again, and while I was thrilled to finally meet her, I was a bit...how do you say, distracted by the spoon that she gave me...it was just so shiny, and I could...see myself in it, and...I just...

Wait, what was I saying?


Here, Da Gramma gives me my first "sink bath" and I had a BLAST....Usually Mom and Dad are in such a hurry to give me a bath, that I don't have much time to play, but this time we had nowhere to be and there was no rush, so I played for awhile. I can't be sure, but I was told that the ceiling, window, and entire floor bore the wraith of my splashing glee..it was a lot of fun though.

Oh, and I guess I got clean, too.

At the end of Dad's portion of the trip, he dropped me off with Gramma Mindy, and hopped a train back home. Then, they went off to the airport and picked Mom up! From there, I got to hang out with Mom's half of the family, and spend the rest of the weekend there!

Photographic evidence of these events have been hard to come by, as Dad is much weirder about taking pictures than Mom is...in lieu of that, please enjoy me resting after a tiring day at Dad's family's place...

No comments: