Thursday, December 17, 2009

Our last night in The District....

As Mom and Dad continue to pack furiously around me, I have stopped to reflect on my time here at 3000 Connecticut Ave...

It seems like just yesterday that Mom and Dad were hoisting me into this place for the first time, and now, just a year later, we're moving on. So many memories were made here, and so many firsts occurred here, that I'll never forget this place. It's old, and it's creaky, but it has its charms, and I'm going to miss them all. The sights, the smells, the people who think I'm so adorable (although, really, I'm sure I could find those types of people anywhere...) the storefronts right downstairs that Dad would always take me to...

And of course, I will miss the Zoo most of all...though Mom and Dad swear that we'll be coming back here frequently once the weather gets nice to come visit again. Dad is bummed that he may actually have to use the restrooms at the Zoo instead of just walking across the street afterward.

This is the only home I have known so far, but as much as I'm going to miss it, I am excited about our new place! As nervous as I am about not sleeping in Mom and Dad's room anymore, I am SO excited to get to have my own space for once! I'll have room for all my toys, all my clothes, and get to have some privacy when I want to settle down with a nice book...

So....I cherish the fond memories of this place, but now I get to experience "moving on to new adventures" for the first time...Bethesda will be home, because we'll make it home....I look forward to creating new memories, and having new adventures in a new place!

And besides...I'll be walking soon...I have to take my first unassisted steps somewhere...right? :-)

Also, since it's our last night in the neighborhood, Mom and Dad got pizza from their favorite neighborhood pizza place. It's a little Italian Deli called "Vace", and even though we're moving several miles away, they have every intention of still getting a pie or two from there every now and again...

Oh...and on that note...

I TRIED PIZZA FOR THE FIRST TIME...AND LOVED IT!!


No comments: