Friday, December 18, 2009

Zoo Lights!



As our time living across the street from the National Zoo winds down, Mom and Dad thought that it would be fun to make our last visit to the Zoo while we lived there (Because I intend to make frequent visits there, even once we move to Bethesda) to The Zoo Lights. We had already gone during the day one last time, but they thought that this would be a fun way to spend an evening, as a nice little family unit. It also got us out of the apartment, and away from the madness of moving, and Christmas shopping, and all that nonsense...

What is Zoo Lights, you ask? Well...Mom and Dad went there a few years ago, but skipped last year since they were a BIT busy (and Mom was a BIT pregnant) and they described it to me as a light show that combined lighted shapes (In most cases animals...as seen below)...

...and just general light displays around the Zoo. Some of the buildings were decorated with beautiful light displays, and open for us to see the animals, but since we'd done that so often, we decided to just focus on the lights outside.

They bundled up, bundled me up, slung me into the Baby Bjorn, and we were off!

We spent a couple hours there walking around, and it was nice to see everyone in such a festive moodMy favorites were the simple ones, the trees that were just so wrapped in lights, that it looked like it was day time out there! Here is a rare "Social Networking-Style" picture of the three of us having a blast at Zoo Lights. I, as always, was distracted by the lights, and had no interest in looking at the camera...but you can at least see that I was having fun.
I also really enjoyed the "dancing lights" This is a trend that I can't possibly understand getting involved in, but I DO love watching it! The Christmas display basically blinks and flashes in time to whatever music they have playing...in this case, it was "My Favorite Things" (Which Mom has vetoed as a Christmas song) and something by Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

Yes...there were only two songs...and yes, I made Mom and Dad watch it twice through with me. It really was awesome.

This was a quick shot me enthralled at a tree wrapped in really pretty green lights...note, that I did spend most of the evening with this expression on my face....

All in all, it was a great evening. Mom and Dad shared some kettle corn, I saw a little bit of a puppet show, but what we really enjoyed were all those sparkling lights...

And for some reason...this guy.

Last time Mom and Dad came to Zoo Lights, this guy was here, but he had snow flying around him, so it would be like a living snow globe. Why he had no snow this time, and why he was just tucked over in a corner in a "Snow Globe" minus the "Snow" was "Confusing" to say the least...

Still...we had a lot of fun that night...no quotes at all...just pure fun. :-)

No comments: