Friday, December 25, 2009

My first Christmas!!


In 2009, I spent Christmas creating waves through my Mom's tummy, and (while I allowed everyone to open presents and finish dinner) finally sending everyone calmly heading towards the hospital in order for me to make my grand appearance. While I found that to be a memorable way to spend Christmas, I was very excited to get to spend this year doing things in a slightly more conventional way...

Visiting family, and opening an absurd amount of presents!

For the first time in recorded history, (Or the last five years, or so) Dad had both Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day off...so, he decided to make it a long weekend, and take my birthday off as well...we planned to go up to Connecticut mid-week, and spend some quality time up there...

I started the week off with a bit of a cold, so Mom and Dad were a bit worried that I would be sick for my first Christmas, and my birthday...they decided to drive back up to Connecticut on Christmas Eve morning, instead of the night before to let me get some sleep, which was quite kind of them, I must say...I felt much better when I woke up.

The drive up wasn't too bad, as I slept for most of it, feeling even better when I woke up again. When we arrived, we immediately dove in to a flurry of activity...

CHRISTMAS EVE

Christmas Eve saw us arrive at my Great-Aunt Patty's for the huge festivities on my Mom's side of the family...there were TONS of people there, including my Uncle Mat who has been away training to be a Marine for awhile, and who I missed very much...everyone was worried that I wouldn't remember him, but I did (Though, I do recall him having a bit more hair last time I saw him)


I enjoyed opening my first presents with him, and was flattered to find out that all he wanted for Christmas was to open presents with me. Well, wish granted, Uncle Mat. :-) We even got to read a little bit together...this is impressive, considering the organized chaos that was carrying on around us...


I can't even begin to tell you how generous people were! (Even Mom and Dad got presents...I think it's cool that Moms and Dads still get presents...I had been concerned that the gift-giving stopped at a certain age, but was relieved to find out that, while it won't always be such an absurd amount of presents, that they would always be there. Phew!)

Gramma Mindy gave me my cornucopia of Elmo toys, which she won (Much to my Mom's chagrin, as she is not a fan of Elmo...) and I dug right into them...pretty much everything you could put Elmo's face on, they did....everything from bubbles, to bath foam, to stuffed animals...it was a VERY Elmo-ey basket...


Gramma Mindy loved the fact that I grabbed onto Elmo's eyes and shook him around, indicating of course that I don't mind Elmo anywhere NEAR as much as my Mom does...And really, if it's soft and has big eyes, I'm a fan...so, you know...whatever. My joy is evident in how blurry the picture is. Which is pretty blurry, since I'm so full of joy!

It was so much fun spending time with Mom's family...as quickly as the party came together, it broke up, and I am told that this is how things go, around here. No worries...we enjoyed seeing people, and getting presents...I can't wait until I'm old enough to become part of their "Secret Santa" dealie...

CHRISTMAS DAY

I awoke Christmas Day to my first White Christmas (and apparently the first one that has been seen around these parts in some time) at my Gramma Mindy's. She had her Christmas tree all set up, and I could see that there were some presents under there with my name on it...

(And hey....who's that handsome devil gracing the upper right-hand corner of the photo...?)

We took a quick side trip to see my cousins, who Mom and Dad haven't seen in some time, and while I slept for the first part of the visit, Mom and Dad got to eat and visit for awhile. Mom and Dad also had purchased a Baby's First Christmas ornament, which they took from tree to tree as we visited puir


After that trip, it was off to Da Gramma's house to see Uncle Steve, Aunt Amy, Da Gramma and NotDaGramma (Auntie Steph was working, but I knew I was going to see her on Saturday for my birthday, so that was OK.) While the tree was smaller, there wasn't any shortage of presents under there, nor was there a shortage of that festive Christmas feeling! Da Gramma had put the tree on a kind of pedestal, and put the presents underneath...


I also arrived to find that I had received an official mini-Christmas Tree Stocking Ornament... how neat is that!? You DEFINTELY know you're in when you have one of these guys hanging on the tree! Everyone in the family has one, and Da Gramma adds one whenever you join the family (Thus, the reason Mom has one, too!)

And before you ask...YES! There were even more presents! I couldn't believe it! Da Gramma helped me open some up, but at this point I had kind of gotten the hang of it...

Later in the day, Uncle Steve and Aunt Amy made their arrival, and we all got to hang out together. Uncle Steve and I get reacquainted, with some good old fashioned tummy tickling...good thing Da Gramma is holding me back, or I'd get Uncle Steve back pretty good!


Great-Gramma Case was there too, and she got such a kick out of seeing me! She kept laughing at how adorable I was! I can't say I blame her, I mean...you read the blog. You know what's up. We also get a rare shot of Grandpa. He is seldom photographed, and when he is, it is always a special occasion. He and I have an understanding...we get along pretty well, and he seems to enjoy seeing me a great deal. I feel the same way, and show it with laughter, and grabbing tightly onto his outstretched finger.

After presents, I had Da Gramma walk me around for a little while (Something I would keep her doing for the next 48 hours)


I must say, it was an amazing first Christmas...everyone was so much fun, and so nice to me...and even if I hadn't gotten any presents, I would have had just as much fun....to you all I say...

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!!

No comments: