Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My First Thanksgiving!

Happy belated Thanksgiving, everyone!

After a VERY long drive (well, I was told that it was long...I slept for 90% of it, and decided to give Mom and Dad a break, and skipped the crying for this trip. ) back to Connecticut, we arrived and spent the night at Da Gramma's...and we planned the day so that we started off at Da Gramma's, and finished the day at Gramma Mindy's!

I finally got to meet my Great Gramma Case....she got a kick out of seeing me in my awesomely cute Thanksgiving outfit. We had a lot of fun, and took some long overdue pictures together. She was funny, and I enjoyed touching her absurdly soft hands when she was playing with me.
The food was great! I tried some turkey for the first time at dinner, and even though I enjoyed the taste, and moving it around in my mouth for awhile, ultimately I thought that swallowing it was a little much so I skipped that part.

Dad was distraught because the traditional holiday pickles were hidden on the counter. He found them, but it took some work...
We got to hang out and play for a little while after dinner, and as you all know if you've been paying attention, I LOVE to play...I am a BIG fan! There were a lot of people at Thanksgiving dinner...Uncle Steve and Aunt Amy (along with a lot of people from Aunt Amy's side of the family), Auntie Steph and Uncle Brian were along for the ride, too, and we enjoyed hanging out!
After we finished up at Da Gramma's, we transferred over to Gramma Mindy's for a later meal, and desert. I got to hang out with JustRichy, Gramma Mindy, my cousin Robert (Who did a great job keeping me entertained, as you can see above) my cousin Beth and her fiancee Nelson, and my Mom's Aunt and Uncle....

Gramma Mindy got me a special Fall bib for the day (Don't worry, it's reversible, so I can still use it year-round!) , and I tried eating a little bit more of the traditional Thanksgiving feast. I got some more down, and think that someday, I'm gonna really enjoy this little holiday....
As I continued hanging out with Mom, Gramma Mindy and JustRichy (with some brief sojourns to Dad's family's house) Dad took a train back home to work on Friday night...I decided to be EXTREMELY generous, and give Mom the first easy ride-up AND easy ride-down...

Typically what happens, is that if I give you an easy ride UP to Connecticut, I give you a miserable ride back, and vice versa...but you never get both ways...I feel kind of bad, because Mom often gets stuck with the miserable part of the drive.

I don't mean to do this, it just tends to be what happens...I'm a baby, and really when I get fed up with being in the car (as many people tend to do, especially on long drives) all I can do is cry. I can't even play the stupid license plate games...

So after a fairly easy ride back, we reunited with Dad...and I considered my first Thanksgiving a resounding success!

No comments: